5 Short Family Trips From Chicago To Fight Gas Prices
PRESENTED BY MALMAN’S LAW
It may seem like there’s never a shortage of things to do in Chicago, but if you’re looking for a change of scenery, the Windy City is a great starting point for a variety of exciting adventures down the road. With gas prices soaring, you might want to plan a trip that involves a shorter commute from Chicago — and luckily, there’s plenty to see and do within a short distance.
Whether you want to visit historic sites or enjoy a picnic in one of the city’s beautiful parks, consider the following five destinations for a gas-saving family road trip.
Distance from Chicago: 1h30 to 2h
The town of South Bend has a lot to offer; from walking along the St. Joseph River to riding the rapids on the East Race Waterway, there’s never a shortage of options for you and your family. If you’re a fan of Notre Dame, consider touring the campus and visiting the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Do you like cars? Don’t miss the Studebaker National Museum, where you can learn all about automotive history.
Distance from Chicago: 2 hours
Just 100 miles southwest of Chicago, take a day trip to Starved Rock State Park, where you can enjoy nature, scenic waterfalls, and colorful fields of spring wildflowers. With up to 21 km of hiking, 18 canyons and free entry, this option is ideal for families and couples looking to relax for the day. Any outdoor enthusiast should head to Starved Rock to experience the wonderful hiking and camping opportunities. Despite its popularity in the summer, you can visit the park in the winter for cross-country skiing.
Distance from Chicago: 1 hour 30 to 45 minutes
An urban getaway filled with cultural and outdoor activities, Milwaukee offers several exciting family-friendly attractions without the hassle of large tourist crowds. Explore Lakefront Brewery, where you can take a fun guided tour. Another great option to check out is the North Point Lighthouse or the Harley-Davidson Museum, where you can find delicious food at Motor, the museum’s on-site hold. Visit the Milwaukee Museum of Art or stroll along the lake just outside. If you’re looking for a fun physical activity to do in nature, rent a kayak and paddle the Milwaukee River.
Distance from Chicago: 5.5 to 6 hours
Covering much of the southern tip of Illinois, the Shawnee National Forest is the longest drive on the list, but well worth the trip. Take a well-deserved break from the frantic rush by planning a camping trip where you can experience a spectacular range of landscapes or take full advantage of moderate hikes. Explore local favorites like the Garden of the God, where you’ll see unique rock formations. Shawnee Hills Wine Trail is a great option for adults looking to visit the area’s vineyards and wineries. Take a trip to Inspiration Point, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the forest, prairie, and Mississippi River.
Distance from Chicago: 2.5 to 3 hours
As Michigan’s second largest city, there are a wide variety of activities to enjoy in Grand Rapids. The Grand Rapids Public Museum has several wonderful exhibits that showcase the area’s history. At the art museum, you’ll find a diverse and growing collection of photographs, sculptures, and paintings created by contemporary Michigan artists. Stroll through the Downtown Market, where you’ll find an impressive selection of restaurants and dining experiences. Restaurants like The Grove and Terra are famous for their seasonal menu changes and for serving local ingredients. Check out Frederik Meijer Sculpture Park and Fish Ladder Park, where you’ll find colorful installations and admire panoramic views.
When you hit the road with your family and head to your vacation destination, the last thing you expect is to be involved in an accident. A car accident can be a harrowing event that can cause you or your loved ones serious injury and high costs for medical care. If you have been involved in an accident with a negligent or careless driver, do not miss your possibility of compensation. Contact a traffic accident lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident. One of our lawyers will ensure that you meet the most important filing deadlines and safeguard your interests by safeguarding your rights throughout the process. Taking the following steps after a car accident can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Steps to follow after a car accident in Chicago
Understand what action to take following a car accident is incredibly important. It could be the difference between getting the compensation you need to recover and paying for mounting medical bills out of pocket. If you have been involved in a car accident in Chicago, consider taking the following steps.
- Contact the authorities: Do not leave the scene of the accident until you have called 911, be sure to ask for emergency services if anyone has been injured. The investigator will create an accident report which will contain valuable information about the accident. Obtaining a copy of the police report will be crucial evidence in your case.
- Exchange information: Ask for contact information for the other driver or drivers involved in the accident, including their names and phone numbers. Take photos of their driver’s license, license plate, and insurance information. Be sure to write down all witness information, including their names and phone numbers. A witness’s testimony can serve as a vital part of an auto accident claim by providing supporting evidence.
- Photograph the scene of the accident: Photograph the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved. Take photos of any visible injuries and document how they heal over time. You should also write down how your injuries have affected your daily life and any symptoms or complications you are experiencing. Keep all records relating to the accident and your injuries in a safe place; this will help your car accident attorney build the strongest case possible and prevent you from being denied the compensation you need to recover.
- See a doctor : Even if you feel fine after an accident or only suffered minor injuries, seeing a doctor should be a priority. Schedule a medical evaluation with your primary care provider after an accident to determine if you have suffered an injury. In some cases, injuries resulting from a car accident such as whiplash or concussion can be delayed. Getting medical treatment as soon as possible after an accident is essential to ensure that you are not only treated for your injuries, but that you can prove that the injuries were caused by the accident.
- Contact a car accident attorney in Chicago: Proving a claim to the insurance company that can be used against you later could make it harder to get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries after a car accident. Before talking to an auto insurance company, consider contacting a motor vehicle accident attorney who can help protect your legal right to compensation.
At Malman Law, our lawyers have seen firsthand the impact a car accident can have on you and your loved ones, which is why we are passionate about defending the rights of victims who have been injured in car accidents. . Contact our office to schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. We will discuss your case and guide you through the next steps in the claims process.