A car transport service expands the range of cars available, so you won’t have to settle for just one car purchase experience that you are not satisfied with. Before committing to a delivery service, there are some factors you need to consider. Do your research, evaluate your car delivery service options and ask the right questions will help relieve the stress of buying a car.
Questions to keep in mind when choosing a shipping company
The car transport company you choose will be responsible for the safe delivery of your brand new purchase, so you’ll want to make sure you’re reviewing them with the right questions. Here are six questions to keep in mind.
- Do they offer delivery to your location? You will first want to confirm that they offer delivery to your specific location. Not all shipping companies are equipped to deliver cars nationwide, especially if they deliver to a remote area.
- Can they provide an estimate of all costs? Shop around for a few different shipping companies to get an idea of what a reasonable price is. Buying a vehicle is already a big expense, so the last thing you need is to get ripped off on delivery charges.
- Do they have previous reviews from real customers? All companies will say they are the best. However, don’t just take their word for it. Check their credentials by looking for customer reviews on Google, Yelp or other platforms. An unreliable company would have received a string of negative reviews.
- How long will the delivery take? Some companies can deliver vehicles faster than others. If you have a tight deadline to receive your new vehicle, you will want to confirm that they can ship it on time.
- What security measures do they take when shipping your vehicle? A company that has safety measures in place when transporting your vehicle understands that sometimes things go wrong on the road. You will want to reassure yourself by familiarizing yourself with their security protocols.
- If your vehicle is damaged in transit, do they cover the costs? Unfortunately, even the strictest safety measures cannot eliminate all risks on the road. Ask your transport company what their procedure is in the event of an accident where your vehicle is damaged. This may mean you’ll have to pay a fee to add insurance, but that’s a small price to pay compared to the cost of any repairs.
A checklist is essential to help you choose the right car transport company. These six questions will point you in the right direction and help you get your vehicle delivered to your home safely.
What are your options when buying a car online?
The days of visiting local dealerships hoping to find your dream car are slowly over. The process of buying a car has become increasingly painless since automakers have adopted a more buyer-centric approach, where buyers have the opportunity ability to buy cars online. Online automakers are now delivering right to your doorstep, so the entire vehicle buying process can be done from the comfort of your home.
Here are some online shopping options you might consider.
1. Buy your car from an online car dealership that offers delivery
There are car manufacturers that are a one stop shop for online shopping. According Access to car insurancethree good options are carvana, vroomand Roadster. These automakers offer user-friendly apps and websites so you can purchase a vehicle, buy it online, and choose to have it delivered to your doorstep. Online car dealerships eliminate the need for you to arrange a third-party car transport company, as they have systems in place to handle all the details for you. If you are looking for a hassle-free experience, using one of these companies is the way to go.
2. Buy your car from an out-of-state dealership and hire a transport company to deliver it
Finding a deal on an out-of-state car is now an accessible option for buyers. You can find a shipping company to deliver your car at your doorstep. If you are purchasing a vehicle from an out-of-state dealership, they may be able to provide you with a trusted shipping company. Or, if you want to explore your options, do your research and look for the best price. You will be pleasantly surprised that several companies offer this service. Although this method may require more work, you are more likely to get a better deal and can save money on shipping costs.