With Halloween over, we’re in vacation travel mode!
AAA urges those who wish to travel to their vacation destinations to begin this planning now, or they may need to make other plans.
Whether you’re planning to drive or fly to your vacation destination, AAA encourages travelers to explore their options now, book their travel and accommodations as soon as possible, and work with a travel advisor who can help them. manage any problems that may arise.
The Six Things AAA Vacation Travelers Must Do Right Now
- Book your rental car – booking your rental car can be even more important than booking your flight because if you are unable to hire a vehicle to get to your vacation destination you may need to completely rethink your plans.
- Book your flight – the cost of travel is a question of supply and demand. The “supply,” or number of flights available, may be limited by staff shortages experienced by most major airlines. Book your vacation trip as early as possible to guarantee availability and get the best price.
- Book your hotel, Learn About COVID-Related Protocols – COVID-related restrictions and staff shortages may impact hotel room availability. Book your hotel room as soon as possible, and also learn about COVID-related protocols, availability of food service, and other amenities that may be limited.
- Work with a trusted travel advisor – A recent AAA survey indicates that more and more travelers are turning to travel counselors for their expert advice, and with good reason. Given the sometimes daily changes in COVID-related travel restrictions, the need to manage vaccine requirements for certain trips, and the assistance advisers can provide with any changes, AAA encourages travelers to work with a trusted travel advisor to ensure the best travel experience.
- Think about travel insurance – In the wake of the pandemic, a recent AAA investigation found that more and more people considering moving away are considering travel insurance. Policies vary widely, but the right policy can provide much needed peace of mind.
- Book a vehicle check – While airports will be busy over Thanksgiving and the holiday season, most travelers will still be heading to their destinations and AAA will be busy providing roadside emergency service to tens of thousands of strained members. to rethink their vacation plans due to an outage. Do not wait. It is an extremely busy time of year at AAA auto centers and AAA approved auto repair facilities as vehicle owners prepare their cars for winter. Make an appointment today for a bumper-to-bumper “check-up” which may not be available if you wait until the last minute.
To learn more about AAA, click here.