- First Dorman® OE FIX™ Upgraded Aluminum Engine Oil Filter Housing with Oil Cooler and Filter features a housing made in the USA from durable aluminum that replaces the Original Equipment part in plastic on millions of Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Volkswagen Vehicles
- An OE FIX turbocharger coolant line kit, one of the latest additions to Dorman’s extensive line of turbo components and accessories
- Line extensions in many high-demand aftermarket categories, including integrated door lock actuators, wiper assemblies and transmission oil cooler lines
- Significant expansion of light- and medium-duty leaf springs, reinforcing Dorman’s commitment to rapidly increase passenger and utility vehicle suspension leaf spring offerings in 2022 and beyond
COLMAR, Pa., June 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Dorman Products, Inc. (DORMITORY, Financial) today announces the release of more than 500 new automotive parts, including more than 100 new replacement parts that advance the company’s mission to give repair professionals and vehicle owners greater freedom to repair a wide range of cars and trucks. , providing replacement part choices for common failures on millions of vehicles. This month’s first aftermarket releases also include two new Dorman® OE FIX™ solutions featuring improved designs that increase reliability.
New solutions this month include an upgraded aluminum engine oil filter housing with oil cooler and filter (926-959) designed to replace an original equipment housing known to have a high failure rate over more than 9.4 million Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Volkswagen vehicles. equipped with Pentastar V6 engines. The factory oil filter adapter can leak when its plastic housing deforms due to harsh underhood conditions. As plastic degrades from heat and exposure to chemicals, cracks can form even by simply tightening the oil filter cap during oil changes. Simply replacing a faulty original housing with the factory version may cause the same deterioration and leaks to return.
The new Dorman OE FIX housing is designed as a more permanent solution and is made entirely of aluminum to help prevent material degradation and warping that causes the original design to fail. It bolts to the engine like the plastic original, but retains its dimensional stability to help ensure greater durability and reliable, leak-free service.
This new product follows last year’s very successful introduction of an upgraded Dorman OE FIX (926-876) aluminum engine oil filter housing, which meets the trend in equipment design for cause to degrade, warp and fail. For customers looking to replace the housing and associated components, this new solution includes the upgraded housing along with an oil cooler, oil filter and cap, premium gaskets specifically designed for this upgraded housing and all the materials needed to complete a complete repair.
Dorman’s ideation team has received hundreds of inquiries from professional technicians nationwide for these rugged replacement solutions. Precision engineered and manufactured in Pennsylvania, the upgraded cases are the latest result of Dorman’s substantial and ongoing investment in automotive aftermarket product research, development and tooling.
Dorman offers the largest selection of direct replacements for aftermarket failure-prone factory turbocharger accessories, with over 500 repair solutions, including cartridges, boost solenoids, exhaust clamps and more yet, allowing technicians to perform a full list of services and repairs. Reinforcing this aftermarket leadership position, a new OE FIX Turbo Coolant Line Kit (926-187) is introduced this month and includes everything needed to service the turbocharger coolant lines. The original coolant line on millions of Ford Transit, F-150 and Lincoln vehicles equipped with 3.5L V6 engines often rusts and leaks at the junction point where it meets the quick disconnect fittings. The resulting loss of coolant can damage the engine, and replacing it with an OEM coolant line could lead to the same costly problem in the future. Components in this new kit are designed to match Original Equipment fit and function, including corrosion-resistant stainless steel supply and return lines, connectors, and a gasket. turbo assembly for thorough repair.
Other highlights of this month’s new product announcement include:
- 22 aftermarket exclusive suspension leaf springs for a wide range of Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Jeep and Nissan vehicles, extending Dorman’s coverage into light, medium and heavy duty leaf springs and part of an expansion fast in this category of parts
- 11 new door lock actuators, including two aftermarket-exclusive actuators designed to fit over 7.3 million GM cars, trucks and SUVs (937-925 and 937-927).
- 5 wiper and motor assemblies designed to replace the original equipment wiper assemblies on over 4 million popular GM, Ford and Toyota vehicles.
- 3 aftermarket-exclusive transmission oil cooler lines designed to replace the original equipment lines of Ram, Dodge and Chrysler vehicles, extending industry-leading aftermarket coverage in this part category that already includes more than 400 products in the Dorman catalog.
These are just a few of more than 500 new Dorman products introduced this month. To sign up to receive all new Dorman product announcements directly each month, visit DormanProducts.com/signup. To learn more about Dorman, follow the Dorman Virtual Tour at DormanProducts.com/tour.
Note: The Vehicles In Service (VIO) information contained in this press release is based on Dorman’s analysis of third party reports.
- Investor Relations: David Hession, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
About Dorman Products
Dorman gives repair professionals and vehicle owners greater freedom to repair cars and trucks. For more than 100 years, we’ve been developing new solutions for the automotive aftermarket, introducing tens of thousands of replacement products designed to save time and money, and increase convenience and reliability.
Founded and based in the USA, we are a pioneering global organization offering an ever-growing catalog of parts, covering both light-duty and heavy-duty vehicles, from chassis to body, underbody to underbody, and from equipment to complex electronics. View our full offering and learn more at DormanProducts.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations which involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors (many of which are beyond our control) that may cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. For additional information on factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the information contained in this press release, please see Dorman’s prior press releases and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ( “SEC”) of the United States, including Dorman’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and its subsequent filings with the SEC. Dorman is under no obligation (and expressly disclaims any such obligation) to update the information contained in this press release if any forward-looking statement subsequently proves to be inaccurate, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.