Florida Farm Bureau is part of the Farm Bureau insurance company network. Its parent company, Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company, was founded in 1920. Florida Farm Bureau sells a variety of insurance products through two insurers, Florida Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company and Florida Farm Bureau General Insurance Company.
With Florida Farm Bureau, customers can enjoy excellent customer service, as well as personalized interactions with agents. The company operates primarily in person through a network of local agents. To get insurance from the Florida Farm Bureau, you must be a member of the Farm Bureau, which supports farmers and farm organizations in the state.
Florida Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
Florida Farm Bureau offers robust auto insurance policies. Any Florida driver who is a member of the Farm Bureau can purchase coverage. You can get a quote by visiting the website or calling an agent directly.
Types of coverage
Florida Farm Bureau offers both minimum and full coverage auto insurance policies. There are only a few improvements available, but they are added free of charge to your full coverage policy. Here are the available endorsements:
- Pet Injury Coverage: Pet Injury Coverage offers up to $ 500 in reimbursement of vet costs if your dog or cat is injured in an accident. To be eligible for this rider, you must have collision coverage.
- Coverage of transport costs: If you have physical damage coverage, the freight rider is included in your policy. If your car breaks down more than 100 miles from your home, this coverage will cover the cost of additional commercial transportation, meals, and accommodations, up to the policy limit.
Florida Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Cost
According to Bankrate’s 2021 Annual Quoted Premiums Study, the average annual auto insurance premium in the United States is $ 1,674 per year for full coverage. However, auto insurance premiums are unique to each individual, depending on personal factors including your driving record, policy limits, and the auto insurance company.
In the table below, we have included the average annual premiums for full coverage and minimum coverage for Farm Bureau Insurance, which are slightly cheaper than the national average rate. To get a quote for auto insurance from the Florida Farm Bureau in particular, you can call a local agent.
Average Annual Farm Bureau Insurance Rates
|Average annual premium for minimum coverage||Average annual premium for full coverage|
|$ 423||$ 1,512|
Florida Farm Bureau offers a handful of discounts to drivers who wish to lower their premium. Discounts available include:
- Multi-vehicle: If you insure more than one vehicle on your Florida Farm Bureau policy, you may get a cheaper premium.
- Without complaint: Drivers who do not have a recent insurance claim may qualify for a lower rate.
- Account: Account discounts can help you get a lower rate for signing up for paperless billing statements and signing up for automatic payments.
Florida Farm Bureau Home Insurance
Florida Farm Bureau sells basic home insurance policies. The company does not advertise any riders, which many major home insurance companies offer. To obtain a quote, you must contact an agent directly.
Types of coverage
Through the Florida Farm Bureau, you can get standard types of home insurance coverage, including:
- Housing coverage: Home coverage pays to repair your home’s structure after a covered peril, such as a forest fire or hailstorm.
- Personal property coverage: Personal Property Coverage pays to repair or replace damaged personal effects, such as furniture and appliances.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage would help pay for your legal defense if you are sued for property damage or personal injury to your property.
- Medical payment coverage: Medical Coverage helps pay for someone else’s medical bills if they get injured on your property.
- Additional living expenses: Additional living expenses cover temporary accommodation, meals, and parking if your home is under repair after a covered claim.
The Florida Farm Bureau does not advertise any discounts on home insurance. You can contact the company directly to find out if there are ways to save on home insurance.
Florida Farm Bureau Life Insurance
Florida Farm Bureau offers term and whole life insurance policies. However, the website lacks general information on what the policies cover. To obtain life insurance from the Florida Farm Bureau, you must work with an agent to obtain a quote and purchase coverage.
Types of policies offered
Florida Farm Bureau has two life insurance policies. There are no runners advertised on the site. Here are the available coverage options:
- Term life insurance: Term life insurance provides coverage for a specific period of time, typically between five and 30 years. It has uniform premiums and a guaranteed death benefit.
- Whole life insurance: Whole life insurance is permanent coverage that has a guaranteed death benefit, as long as premiums are paid, and that creates cash value. It is generally more expensive than term life insurance.
Florida Farm Bureau Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction, and Complaints
Florida Farm Bureau insurance reviews are hard to find because this is a small business. It does not appear in any JD Power study and is not rated by Standard & Poor’s (S&P). However, the company has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) from AM Best, which attests to its solid experience in the settlement of claims.
Reasons Why Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Is A Good Option
The Florida Farm Bureau can be a good option for Floridians looking for an insurance company with great customer service. The Farm Bureau Business Network is dedicated to providing personalized service, which many major auto insurance companies may not be able to provide.
However, keep in mind that the Florida Farm Bureau’s policies are pretty basic. You won’t find as many endorsements or discounts as with a larger supplier.
Additional policies offered by Florida Farm Bureau
In addition to auto, home, and life insurance, Florida Farm Bureau also sells flood insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Florida Farm Bureau have a mobile app?
Yes, Florida Farm Bureau has a free mobile app. Through the app, you can file complaints, contact an agent, request roadside assistance and view your ID cards.
How much does a Farm Bureau membership cost?
Farm Bureau membership fees depend on your county. You can visit the Florida Farm Bureau website to purchase a membership, which you must do before applying for an insurance policy.
Bankrate uses Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all zip codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, DC Rates shown are based on a 40 year old male and female driver with a clean driving record, a good credit and the following comprehensive coverage limits:
- $ 100,000 liability for bodily injury per person
- $ 300,000 liability for bodily injury per accident
- Civil liability for property damage of $ 50,000 per accident
- $ 100,000 in bodily injury caused by an uninsured motorist per person
- $ 300,000 in uninsured bodily injury per accident to a motorist
- $ 500 collision deductible
- Global deductible of $ 500
To determine the minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets the requirements of each state. Our example drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week, and travel 12,000 miles a year.
These are sample rates and should be used for comparison purposes only. Your quotes may be different.