After COVID-19 caused the cancellation of the last two attempts to present Rotary’s 36th Annual Gala, preparations are underway to return to the highly successful format of cocktail parties, silent auctions, full dinners and auctions. live at the Twinsburg Hilton Garden Inn. Over the years, this event has generated the bulk of Rotary funds used to support key needs in the Hudson community, such as Gift of Life, Hudson EMS, Hudson High School student programs, and Hudson Scouting.
This year’s gala will raise funds for the reconstruction of the historic Scout Hut located on Hudson’s Village Green, continue to support the Gift of Life, NEO which provides heart surgeries to impoverished children, and contribute to HHS student programs for scholarships and the community a service.
Gala Chairs Marilyn Orr and Kris Barker report that major sponsors, whose past support has raised more than $65,000 each year, will again contribute to this important community event and will be joined by other generous sponsors. , particularly :
- Kaulig Donner — Platinum and Presenting Sponsor, supports more than 30 non-profit organizations that contribute to the well-being of children, educational and health institutions, and charities that have a positive impact on our community. Kaulig Cos. operates brands in a range of businesses, including consumer discretionary products, sports and entertainment, media and marketing services, and finance/financial services. Some of their renowned brands include LeafFilter, Kaulig Racing, Kaulig Media, Kaulig Capital, LLC, and Ellsworth Advisors.
- Eric Treend and his family — Platinum sponsor whose love for Hudson and support for the Scout Cabin restoration project is historic.
- Akron Children’s Hospital — Gold sponsor ranks among the top children’s hospitals in the country and takes a compassionate approach to treatment. Through a combination of treatments and patient experiences, their care does more than heal – it brings the whole family together for emotional support and understanding across multiple locations.
- First National Bank in Hudson — Silver sponsor, offers commercial banking, consumer banking and wealth management solutions. FNB is recognized for its customer service and corporate culture aimed at helping clients achieve economic success and financial security by building relationships based on trust and integrity. They are dedicated to improving the lives of the people and communities they serve.
- Dr. Patricia Goetz – Silver sponsor, supporting his Ohio Senate campaign.
Many exciting live auction giveaways have already been pledged, including:
- A sports convertible for one month’s use generously donated by Don Sitts Auto Sales valued at $2,500.
- One night, dinner and breakfast at the Spread Eagle Tavern and Inn, Hanoverton, valued at $500.
- A basket of assorted vintage wines to please a range of palates, courtesy of the Rotary Club of Hudson valued at $500.
- A dinner for 14 prepared at home by Chef Mitch Faris of the Blue Door valued at $1,400.
- A 1-night stay at The Breakers and 4 all-day passes to Cedar Point coupled with 4 water park passes courtesy of Ohio Senate candidate Dr. Patricia Goetz, valued at $775 .
- A masterfully crafted limited edition antique style tilting table by Ron Strobl valued at $500.
- A special behind-the-scenes tour of the Akron Zoo valued at $400.
- A Lexus of Akron Guardian baseball outing package valued at $1,200.
- A one-week stay in a condo in Colorado donated by Kristina Roegner worth $5,000.
Over the next month, members of the Rotary Club of Hudson will be reaching out to many of you to give them the opportunity to participate in the gala by becoming a sponsor, offering a gift at auction, donating money and attending at the event. More information is available and tickets can be purchased at www.rotaryhudson.org.