Southold Town Police arrested a 36-year-old man for impaired driving in Peconic last Tuesday evening.
According to a police report, Byron Mendez from Southold was arrested along Route 48 at around 6:10 p.m., found intoxicated and placed under arrest.
• A 15-year-old boy called the police after an unknown man rushed at him with what appeared to be a knife while he was cycling along Main Bayview Road in Southold last Thursday evening.
The boy told police the man fled on foot to Corey Creek Lane around 10 p.m.
• Police arrested a 27-year-old Cutchogue man for DWI during a traffic stop in Mattituck on Saturday afternoon.
Reports said Mynor De Paz Javier was arrested on Old Sound Avenue shortly before 5 p.m. when an officer discovered he was intoxicated and arrested him for DWI.
• A 47-year-old man from Southold faces a harassment violation after he allegedly pushed a woman at the Mattituck laundromat on Friday night.
Police first responded to the case around 6 p.m. after receiving a report of a drunken man causing unrest. Although he initially complied when asked to leave, the man returned about an hour later, police said. He was arrested for harassment.
• A Brentwood man was arrested for DWI along Main Road in Greenport on Saturday evening after police received a report of an erratic driver.
Officials said Jehovani Argueta, whose age was not available, was arrested and charged with impaired driving after he was found parked along Route 25 by police.
• A small duck pen at a house on Mill Creek Drive in Southold was damaged after a fire broke out early Tuesday morning.
According to a police report, a resident was able to put out the blaze before Southold police and firefighters arrived at around 2:30 a.m.
• Police responded to an auto repair shop along Route 48 in Southold after the owner reported that several vehicles on the property had been searched.
The incident was reported to the police. Reports on Saturday said a radio was reported stolen from one of those vehicles and an investigation is continuing.
• Detectives are investigating after a 56-year-old man from Mattituck reported that an unknown person accessed his company’s bank account and withdrew approximately $ 100,000 in funds. The incident was reported to police last Wednesday.
• A road sign and letterbox were damaged after an 81-year-old Mattituck woman swerved out of Depot Lane and struck them on Saturday morning.
No injuries were reported and the woman told police she was trying to fix her floor mat when she swerved out of the road at around 9:47 a.m.
• A 62-year-old man from Greenport called police last Wednesday to report that over the past month he had noticed several missing items in his studio along Main Street.
He said he believed someone had entered his unlocked apartment and stole his things while he was not at home. An investigation is underway.
• A resident of the Vineyard View apartment complex called police on Saturday morning after noticing someone had locked the rear door on the passenger side of her vehicle. Police are investigating the incident, according to reports.
• A 44-year-old man from Peconic filed a police report last week after discovering that items worth a total of $ 2,849.99 were stolen from his boat at a marina in the Orient on October 21. Detectives have been notified of the incident.
• A woman from Mattituck called police last Monday morning to report that landscapers next door were blowing leaves by 8 a.m. in a tool code violation.
Police spoke to a landscaper at the Pike Street home who said he was unaware of the code and received a warning, according to reports.
• Detectives were told after a 43-year-old man from Southold reported that someone damaged his vehicle by repeatedly kicking it on both sides overnight last Monday.
Those named in the police reports have not been convicted of any felony or offense. The charges against them may subsequently be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be declared innocent.