Thai start-up Autopair raises $2 million

0

Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corporation has invested US$2 million in Thai start-up AutoPair. The latter aims to serve 10,000 independent workshops in Thailand by 2024 and to expand to other Southeast Asian countries, such as Indonesia and Malaysia.

AutoPair’s initial business was a b-to-b aftermarket that operated in 29 of Thailand’s 77 provinces, and last year it raised an undisclosed sum from manufacturer Summit Auto Body Industry in as part of a pre-Series A funding round.

The latest investment in AutoPair will be used to help around 1,000 independent garages digitize their workflow through its integrated management system. By adopting a SAAS solution, Autopair argues that independent garages can reduce costs by optimizing the purchasing process.

“The market value of garage car servicing is estimated at over $4 billion, with the chained segment, which held around 10%, rising to 20%, while independent auto repair shops account for the remaining 80% “, said Santi Wajanaphanich. , CEO of Autopair.

“Our mission is to provide the digital tools necessary to optimize the operations of independent garages. Recent investor support reinforces the importance of this mission and will lead Thailand’s aftermarket industry into the digital age,” he added.

Related Articles

  • March 4, 2022

    Cars.com has completed its acquisition of wholesale platform Accu-Trade for $65 million plus bonus…

  • May 20, 2022

    Auto vertical Carvago.com achieved a turnover of CZK 750 million (US$32 million) in the financial year 2021…

  • April 27, 2022

    Money troubles continue to plague Carvana with reports that the company took $1…

Share.

Comments are closed.